The USBCNC-FAD-SW disk reader control is a permanently mounted interface between commercially available USB flash memory and any Fadal control using the RS-232 port located at the rear of the machine. The Fadal keyboard and monitor are used for operator interface. USB connectivity can be achieved any version of Fadal software. Baud rate changes accommodate older machines with -2 systems as well as faster baud rates for -3 and later versions. Neither software nor hardware upgrades are required on the CNC to run large files from a USB flash key. For portable applications, the USBCNC-FAD is recommended.
The USBCNC-FAD-SW in standby operation passes serial data from the existing serial port connection to the control. When USB commands are activated, the USBCNC-FAD-SW electronically switches to USB mode and connects USB data to the CNC. This allows users to connect to a remote PC when desired or to effortllessly switch to USB mode for file transfer or drip feed operation.
USB-FAD-SW typical installation can be achieved in 30 – 45 minutes.
Commands for the USBCNC-FAD-SW follow the standard Fadal command set. The “+” key is pressed instead of the enter key to direct the USBCNC-FAD-SW to take action.
Example: Command set to run a large file names JOB2.TXT in DNC mode from a USB key.
ENTER NEXT COMMAND CD,10
ENTER NEXT COMMAND DNC,JOB2.TXT+
The machine will go into waiting mode and will run the above file from USB memory when the START button is pressed.
Standard Hardware Includes:
• 2GB USB flash key included with every unit. USB flash keys of any size can be used.
• USBCNC-FAD-SW controller with din rail and clip of easy mounting inside the control cabinet
• (2) serial cables and connectors. One connects to an external RS-232 connection for pass through operation and the other for the CNC’s serial port.
• 15 foot USB cable
• Water proof panel mount USB plug with protective cap.
• Power plug with pigtails. The pigtail end connects to the CNC’s 12V power supply.
• Machine magnet with USBCNC-FAD-SW command set